The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Drone Videography
As a rising trend in video capturing, drone videography is the ability to film video from a drone’s perspective. This type of videography is becoming increasingly popular as drones grow in accessibility and use. Many videographers who rely on drones appreciate their unique perspective in capturing video.
Why Use Drone Videography?
There are a number of reasons why people are turning to drones for their videography needs. If you are considering using a drone for your next video project, check out these few reasons why it has become so popular in the video industry:
- Immersive Experience – Filming with a drone offers your audience an immersive experience from a different perspective. Videos shot from drones feel like a journey and are often successful in telling a story from a greater angle. Drones are able to go where people cannot, and with video, they can capture these moments for audiences to experience in a way that feels firsthand.
- Innovative Storytelling – The way that drones are able to capture video and tell a story differs vastly from traditional videography. To stand out among the competition, consider aerial drone videography as a way to innovate video marketing.
- Wow Factor – A video shot from the view of a drone is likely to capture the attention of any target audience you have in mind. The perspective of a drone varies greatly from traditional video filming and will help your video creation stand out among others. To gain traction and build awareness, consider filming on a drone for a different outlook on content creation.
Drone Videography Tips
Filming videos on a drone can feel new and exciting, but there are a few things to know before getting started. Like anything, there is a need to learn the ropes as a beginner before expecting professional results. Drone or aerial videography can be an excellent way to capture content and tell a story, and these tips can help you along the way:
- Learn the rules – When flying a drone, it is important to first know where you are allowed to fly and what you are allowed to film. There are global laws surrounding who can fly drones and where, which is an important factor to consider before you start drone videography.
- Get comfortable flying – Before strapping a camera to your drone and going right into creating video, make sure you are conformably flying it first. Take some time to practice different maneuvers and learn the best practices for safely and efficiently flying a drone.
- Plan your flight ahead of time – Planning your flight path and mission before getting started on filming a drone video is key to success. It is important to go into a drone filming session knowing exactly what you want to capture along the way.
Drone videography can be an exciting way to capture digital content and gain traction with your target audience. With innovative ideas in technology come learning curves and rules to follow, which are important for you to consider before getting started. Understanding the intricacies and benefits of aerialdrone videography is the first step in creating a successful business by capturing video from a drone’s perspective.